Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eat by Choice, Not by Habit

This wonderful book, Eat by Choice, Not by Habit, was written by Sylvia E. Haskvitz. It's my latest read, and I wanted to share some of her points with you.

Overall, this book talks about the relationship people have with their body, and the food they choose to eat. So many people eat without thinking, and choose the food they eat for emotional reasons.

Imagine eating--or not eating--with a sense of harmony and balance because you're firmly connected to your feelings and needs. You know what choices you make in every moment. You eat in moderation, moving away from the table easily without hassle, guilt, or the inclination to manipulate yourself into starvation.

You step on a scale once in a while without curiosity. You don't cringe and avoid the scale, and you're not wedded to weighing a certain number on the scale either. Instead, you're enjoying every sensual flavor of food--and of life, too.


I really liked this book for so many reasons. Mostly because I completely related to the above paragraphs. Life is about choices. I have chosen to eat a certain way... I enjoy the foods I eat, more so than I ever did in the past. I avoid unhealthy foods effortlessly, and if I do eat something that may not be ideal, I feel no guilt whatsoever. I have never been happier with my weight and size, and most of all, I just feel good about myself.

Life is about choices... If you are unhappy with the way you look or feel, choose to do something about it. Stop reaching for food out of habit... stop, and think about what you are putting into your body. It's possible to eat healthy, feel satisfied, AND feel good about yourself and the choices you are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment