Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How do you take your coffee?

There has been a lot of research that suggests one cup of coffee a day can be beneficial to your health. But it's what you put IN your coffee that can make it unhealthy. I love having my morning cup of coffee, but I used to add all kinds of stuff to make it taste better. But once I realized how bad that "stuff" was, I quickly changed the way I drank coffee. I started slowly reducing the amount of sugar and creamer, then started using almond milk (I am lactose intolerant) and replaced sugar with honey. Now, the only thing I add is a little almond milk.

The same goes to all you tea drinkers out there. Herbal tea is very good for you... it's all the sugar you put it in that makes it bad for you. Start slowly, and then try raw honey as a sweetener. It will only change the taste at first.... eventually, it will taste better knowing that you are drinking your coffee/tea in a much healthier way.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly, for anyone not ready to cut the extras out of their coffee... I would highly encourage them to try a french press. Takes all of the bitterness out of the brew and really allows you to taste the true flavor of the bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion Greg! Shane has mentioned that before, I will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete