Monday, December 26, 2011

One year of Living Well!

I did it... You can too!!!

One year ago today I began my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I cleaned out our kitchen and started a rigorous workout schedule. I thought that I had always lived a healthy lifestyle, but after a lot of research, I realized I had a long way to go!



In the first 6 months I lost 30 pounds, and have continued my healthy lifestyle by eating right and exercising regularly. More important than the weight loss, I replaced fat with muscle, which has resulted in a loss of 10% of body fat.


Before & After


It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.


The point of this post is not to pat myself on the back, but show you that if I can do this, you can too!! Eating right and exercising is something everyone can improve upon!!! In my previous lifestyle I drank pop, had a sweet tooth, ate fast food, and hardly ever touched vegetables. I have not had a pop, fast food, or had any significant amount of sugar in over a year, and I eat green vegetables every day!

It's not about weight, it's about health!



I had several reasons for wanting to make this change... I wanted to look better of course, but more importantly I wanted to feel better and have a positive influence on my children. I constantly stress the importance of HEALTH. I am not worried about my boys' weight, I am worried about their well being. You might be okay with your weight, but what matters most is that you are healthy!


Since I started my Personal Coaching business in September, I have helped many people make healthy changes and reach their goals. From speaking in front of a group of people, to having in-depth conversations with my clients, to chatting online with good friends, my main goal is to help people in any way I can.

I challenge each and every one of you to make healthy changes in your life! No one is perfect, but everyone can make improvements. New Year's is right around the corner... a great time to set some new rules for yourself and your family. Please let me know if any questions or comments... I would LOVE to hear some success stories! :)

MAKE SOME CHANGES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment