Monday, May 16, 2011

Everyone Needs a Good Kick in the Rear (sometimes!)

I have been talking with some people lately who are definitely interested in eating healthier and exercising, but are having troubles getting motivated. Now, some of my comments on this blog borderline on "rude", but don't take it personally. Many of the the things I say on here, are things that I say to myself every day. Sometimes, you need a good kick in the rear!

For me, it was making the decision. I am an "all-or-nothing" kind of person, so prior to making the decision to live a healthier lifestyle, I did some research, and made some ground rules. I decided to completely eliminate many things, and so far so good.... 6 months later and I am going strong in my new "lifestyle".

There are many reasons I use the word "lifestyle", rather than diet, but the most important being that I plan to live this way for many years... and hopefully, the rest of my life. I made some major changes that I knew I would be able to live with in the long run. I also decided to make my health a huge priority in my life. It's something that I am conscience of all the time. So in the beginning, having some "butt kicking" mantras were my way of motivating myself.

So what are YOU waiting for??

Make some decisions! Identify 3 unhealthy things that you do/consume on a daily basis, and eliminate them. Do some research. Find out how bad those unhealthy habits really are. You will be a LOT more likely to stay away from them in the future. FIND OUT WHAT YOUR WEAKNESSES ARE, and avoid them! Write your own "butt kicking" phrases on some post-its and put them in obvious places that you will see every day.

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, AND DO IT! You know I will be here to give you a good kick in the rear whenever you need it  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment